Welcome to Week 3!
How are you doing? Is it starting to feel like a marathon to keep up with the reading yet? Sometimes, thats how it can feel. Other times, it might seem like you are on easy street. Reading through Scripture in large chunks sometimes requires discipline, but other times you will be drawn into the reading and it won’t be so hard. As a reminder – feel free to reach out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or messaging a pastor on Facebook.
The Place in the Story
We finish our story of Joseph and how Jacob and his descendants ended up in Egypt. This sets the stage for the next book we will begin – Exodus. The story told in Exodus is one of the greatest displays of God’s miraculous power and ability to redeem people. Spoiler Alert: The picture above is a depiction of God parting the Red Sea so His people could cross safely while being pursued by Pharaoh’s army.
If you haven’t had a chance yet, check out this themed video on “The Covenants”
Exodus, Chapters 1-18
Check out this themed video on “Holiness,” a key concept in Exodus.
This Week’s Reading
- January 15: Genesis 46-47, Psalm 15
- January 16: Genesis 48-50, Psalm 16
- January 17: Exodus 1-3, Psalm 17
- January 18: Exodus 4-6, Psalm 18
- January 19: Exodus 7-9, Psalm 19
- January 20: Exodus 10-12, Psalm 20
- January 21: Exodus 13-15, Psalm 21
- January 22: Exodus 16-18, Psalm 22